If you're a founder thinking about crowdfunding for your business but you have so many questions and REALLY need to speak to a founder who has done it, this class is for you.
I tell you how we built our crowd and amassed $15M + in lifetime sales.
"Building a community is the hard part."
Then I discuss the great things that happened to us because we crowdfunded, as well as the greatest challenges I had while crowdfunding.
In this class I will also answer the following questions:
- Should you even crowdfund?
- What to consider before you crowdfund?
- What was my experience like raising on Wefunder?
- Why did I choose Wefunder?
- How did I set my valuation?
- How much did I spend on accounting?
- How much did I spend on attorneys?
- What lessons did I learn?
- How did I know how much I should raise?
- What was my financial situation when I raised?
What's not in this class:
I don't share names of the people I hired for different things, the platform you choose usually has a list of people they like to work with.
I don't go into the tactics for raising the money because honestly, that's the easy part.
Sending emails, SMS, and push notifications, posting on social and telling a good story with good copywriting is the least difficult thing to do.
My promise and my WHY:
This information will surely make you thousands of dollars.
I'm pricing it much, much, lower because this is honestly a labor of love and I want to help founders of color, specifically, get the money they need to build massive companies.
Crowdfunding is how we level the playing field and create more unicorns without going through the Gatekeepers of VC.
P.S. If you have any additional questions about the strategies to raise the money or want me to review your crowdfund page, please consider a consultation and I can share more about:
- Using FOMO to close the round
- What happens if you lose momentum and how to get it back
- Hiring a PR agent
- Hiring attorneys
- Hiring accountants
- The worksheet I used to keep track of all the impactful events that really moved the needle for the fundraising
- Rhetoric and copy I used to promote the campaign
- Lead generation
- If you should hire a marketing agency
- How much money was raised in the final stretch
- How to use social to raise
- How to negotiate with the platforms
Class Run Time: 50 Minutes